The top schools for criminal justice should offer programs that are useful in the real world and programs that are appropriate for a variety of students including busy working adults. If you are a working adult, the following are considered by some experts to be the top schools:
- American Intercontinental University Online: This is one of the top schools because it offers an accommodating accredited program for AS and BS degrees with administration, forensics, law enforcement and special population specializations.
- Colorado Technical University: The criminal justice associate and bachelor's degrees from this school provide excellent perspective on the theory and history of law enforcement, judicial system and human behavior fields.
- Everest College: This school offers comprehensive justice programs in 23 states and online, making it a convenient and affordable option.
- Heald College: The business administration department at this school offers degrees in criminology and criminal law with focoes on administration, business management and investigations.
- LA College International Online: If you want to begin working in the justice field in as little time as possible, this school is an excellent choice with its 18-month associate of degree and 36-month bachelor of science program.
- Liberty University: This Baptist university offers a Bachelor of Science in justice covering constitutional procedure, criminology, ethics and juvenile justice.
- Rasmussen College: This East Coast school's offerings include associate's and bachelor's degrees focusing on correction, crime scene investigation and homeland security.
- University of Phoenix: This is one of the most well known online universities and is considered among the top schools for criminal justice with studies in criminal courts, criminology, cyber crime, forensics, juvenile justice, policing practices and more.
- Westwood College: You can find Westwood campuses in five states, where you can earn a Bachelor of Science in justice with concentrations on ethics, legal systems and sociology.
There are many other top criminal justice schools with more prestigious names, but these are considered the best for students living and working in the real world.