There are numerous accounting scholarships that students can apply for if they are planning on getting an education to go into this important field. There are many new job opportunities in the accounting field at the moment, and the job field is more lucrative than ever before. There are also many listings of accounting scholarships to get a leg up if you are having financial difficulty attaining the program of your choice. Competition is stiff, but you'll never know if you do not apply. The following top 10 scholarships for accounting majors are worth looking into if you are studying or plan to study in this field:
- AICPA / Accountemps Student Scholarship: The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants offers several accounting scholarships. The first is the Accountemps Student Scholarship – five $ 2,500 awards to undergraduate or graduate students that meet GPA requirements.
- AICPA John L. Carey Scholarship: Ten $ 5,000 rewards go to graduate students in CPA preparation programs.
- AICPA Scholarship for Minority Accounting Students: There are 137 awards ranging from $ 1,500 to $ 5,000 that go to minority students around the country.
- American Society of Woman Accountants: Many different awards go to female undergraduate and graduate students in accounting each year. Most listings of accounting scholarships include several for women, since they are encouraged to enter this field.
- Central Intelligence Agency Undergraduate Scholarship Program: As much as $ 18,000 is awarded to various accounting students and select students in other majors every year.
- Derek Hughes / NAPSLO Educational Foundation: Ten to twelve students are awarded $ 2,000 each year to pursue their studies in accounting, finance or a related field.
- Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting: A limited number of women in financial need may receive $ 2,000 to $ 16,000 over four years to study in this field.
- HSF-ALPA Scholarship: Hispanic students majoring in accounting may receive $ 1,250 to $ 10,000 through this scholarship.
- National Society of Accountants: A total of 30 undergraduate accounting students will be awarded $ 500 to $ 1,000 each year through the society.
- National Association of Black Accountants: Between 40 and 70 African American students who are members of the NABA are awarded $ 500 to $ 6,000 every year.
It's clear that there is not shortage of accounting scholarships available. With a little research, complete lists of accounting scholarships can be at your fingertips.