Our Life and Data Science
When one buys or looks for something on Amazon and Flipkart, the site remembers one of preferences and provides him related suggestions next time one visits the site. How are companies being able to do that? The answer is: Data Science. Companies are storing our data and using them to understand how to improve their products according to our needs and also how to increase customers' engagement with them. The reason why this system is working so well is because today more and more people are coming online and leaving footprints on the internet, which the companies can exploit to make correct predictions.
Visible Examples of Uses of Data Science
- Search Results: Search Engines like Google predict what we want to search before we can even complete the word, and this is because they have millions of related search keywords already stored in their databases.
- Digital Advertisements: Ads on Internet are not random unlike the traditional ads on TV and newspapers. The companies collect separate data about each and every user and show only the relevant ads.
- Recommendations: E-commerce sites like Amazon and online entertainment sites like Netflix are using it to recommend new products and movies based on users' past experiences.
- Image and Speech Recognition: As artificial intelligence and machine learning are getting better, image and speech recognition tools are getting more advanced and accurate.
Which Industries Are Using Data Science?
Almost every industry is generating a huge amount of data and has moved from knowledge-driven approach to data-driven approach in order to solve problems and produce better results. Some notable industries are as follows:
- Information Technology: This is the most obvious industry, which Data Science has become the backbone of. From suggesting friends on Facebook to suggesting videos on YouTube, from recommending movies on Netflix to filtering products on Amazon, and from enhancing user experience on Uber to providing real-time tracking on Dominos, Data Science is being used in every aspect.
- Aviation and Logistics: Airlines are using it to predict weather condition and possible delays and to keep the passengers informed accordingly, while logistics companies like FedEx can discover best routes and best modes of transport to increase cost efficiency.
- Human Resources: With the help of Data Science, companies find it easy to predict employee attrition and figure out ways to increase their productivity.
- Medical Science: In Bioinformatics, Data Science along with Genome data is helping researchers and doctors to analyze genetic structures and understand how particular drugs can act on diseases.
- Astrophysics: In Space Sciences too, it is being used to create large astronomical datasets.
- Banking and Finances: It helps banks in giving better customer service, fraud detection, customers profiling and forecasting the economic conditions.
Scope of Data Science
It has emerged as the most exciting career of the present era. There are a large number of vacancies, the saloons are high, prospect of career growth are promising, and the work is exciting. Organizations like Glassdoor and Harvard University have even listed Data Science as the best profession of the 21st century.
How Can We Help You Become a Data Scientist?
Professionals who deal with Data in industries are called Data Scientists, and it requires an expertise in the fields of statistics, computer science, and business. This is why the online course is designed to give students in-depth practical knowledge of all the concepts and algorithms used in Data Science along with an intensive practice of important tools like Hadoop, SAS, Excel, R, Tableau, Minitab etc and powerful programming languages like Python and SQL. Numerous webinars, assessments and live projects have been designed in order to prepare students for the industrial work in a real business environment.