The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-3 overall, 2-2 ACC) and Boston College Eagles (3-2, 2-2) meet at Alumni Stadium in Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a 4 p.m. ET kickoff Saturday. Below, we analyze the Georgia Tech-Boston College college football betting odds and lines, with picks and best bets.
Georgia Tech at Boston College: Betting odds and lines
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Wednesday at 8:20 a.m. ET.
- Money line: Georgia Tech +135 (bet $100 to win $135) | Boston College -167 (bet $167 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Georgia Tech +3 (-106) | Boston College -3 (-115)
- Over/Under: 54.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Georgia Tech at Boston College: Three things to know
- Georgia Tech was emasculated at home by No. 1 Clemson 73-7, allowing 500 passing yards while amassing just 81 last Saturday. The Tigers also had 29 first downs to just seven for the Yellow Jackets. The only positives were that Georgia Tech managed 123 yards on the ground and averaged 48.3 yards per punt.
- Boston College was also treated rudely last week, falling 40-14 at then-No. 23 Virginia Tech (now up to No. 20). Still, the Eagles are averaging 305.2 passing yards per game to rank 17th in the nation, and they’re 25th against the pass with just 209.6 yards per game allowed.
- BC is 2-1 SU/ATS at home through three games, covering each of its home contests against conference foes. The Under has connected in four of five games overall for the Eagles.
Get some action on this game or any other matchup with a legal, online bet at BetMGM in CO, IN, NJ and WV. Risk-free first bet up to $500, paid in free bets. Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Georgia Tech at Boston College: Odds, prediction, betting lines and picks
Boston College 27, Georgia Tech 23
Money line (ML)
BOSTON COLLEGE (-167) isn’t a bad play straight up, although it will cost you. Still, they Eagles have proven to be quite effective at home, winning two of three. Know that all three of their home games have been one-score contests, though, so you can expect a close one that you’ll have to sweat out the entire afternoon.
Against the spread (ATS)
BOSTON COLLEGE -3 (-115) is worth a small-unit play, although I’m actually more comfortable playing the Eagles on the money line. Boston College just doesn’t post a lot of points, and when it wins, it does not win by a lot.
The UNDER 54.5 (-110) should be the play you have the most confidence in. The Under is 4-1 in Boston College’s five games overall. While the Over is 4-1 in Georgia Tech’s five contests, including each of the past four, it’s averaging just 18.0 PPG on offense in two road games.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting