Education has been part of the human society from the very beginning. Human societies throughout the ages have had vested interests in education. The importance of education can not be overemphasized. In fact it would not be an exaggeration to say that without education, most societies would die. Philosophy of Education is a term that can be used to refer to the academic field that applies applied philosophy. It can also be used to describe philosophies that promote certain visions of education, examining the goals, meaning and other aspects.
While most societies will agree or acknowledge the importance of education, a large number of them fail to channel sufficient resources that can be used to promote and support educational institutions and activities. It is clear to everyone that children, who are born innumerate and illiterate, quickly learn the culture and norms of the community that they are born into, with the help of those around them and professional teachers. Within a short time, the children are able to read, write and act in an appropriate way. The skills improve as the child grows, and with time, they will have learnt enough to enable them to operate in the society without constant guidance.
Education today can serve as a mechanism for social- sorting. People have different learning skills with some exhibiting more facility than others. Education plays a major role on the economic fate of every individual. Education helps to equip individuals with the knowledge and skills that allow them to be able to define and pursue their individual goals. It also allows people to participate in the community, playing their part to improve their conditions and the condition of the society at large.
While many may view education in a very individualistic way, it is important to look at the societal perspective. The more educated individuals there are in the society, the more developed that society becomes. Unfortunately most societies today are embrocing the narrow view that encourages people to get an education as a way to enhance their own individual needs. This has led to a few individuals holding the view that they are autonomous. In the end, this same individual's end up living very unfulfilled lives. Education should be able to create individuals who are assets to the society at large.Formal education provided by the state, is an acknowledgment of the importance of Philosophy of Education for survival of the society. …
Being a wildlife expert means you need a degree on environmental science, forestry, marine biology and the like. But that said, acquiring said college degrees may require you to shell out money to cover the necessary college tuition costs and other academic expenses. If you are looking forward to getting a scholarship and go to the best school when it comes to wildlife, you better come down to Louisiana.
The Rockefeller State Wildlife Scholarship aims to help Louisiana students to get a college degree in courses relating to wildlife sciences through their academic programs. Open to Louisiana residents only, an applicable should be a resident of the state for at least a year prior to the application. If wildlife is something you want to do, then trooping to Louisiana a year before college may be the right choice for you.
Aside from being a resident, another catch of the Rockefeller State Wildlife Scholarship program is that if the recipient fails to maintain his or her scholarships due to failing grades and poor academic performance, or fail to graduate in a wildlife degree, then he or she is obliged to pay the funds plus the relative interests.
While this news may be daunting at first, students must realize that they are getting free college education, or at the very least, reduced college tuition costs and other expenses. As a student, you should strive to fulfill the expectations and standards of a true scholar. As for the funds involved, a recipient is given a $ 1,000 a year, which could accumulate to as much as $ 7,000, through his or her college career.
If preserving the environment and helping in maintaining the ecological balance is your calling, then apply for the Rockefeller State Wildlife Scholarship. Once you get approved for the program, always remember to keep your end of the bargain – study hard and well and graduate. …
The UK is an exciting place to study with a wide range of cultural diversity and creative energy. UK Schools, Colleges and Universities are among the best in the world.
Whether you are in the UK or outside, the process for obtaining your visa are the same, except in the matter of its submission. The following are steps that can help you obtain your student visa more easily:
1. One must remember that the UK Immigration has introduced changes in the Tier 4 Student Visa system and as such it would be useful to follow all the steps outlined to ensure its approval.
2. To get the process started, you need to choose a course you want to study in the UK. It would be best to first check whether this is at an acceptable educational level. Note that there is a slight difference as to what is an acceptable level for Immigration purposes that a Highly Trusted and Rated A (Trusted) or B (Sponsor) can offer. In general though, the course must have 15 hours organized study, from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Friday; or the course leads to a Level 6 or higher qualification on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF); or an overseas course of degree level study that is recognized as being equivalent to a UK higher Education course and being provided by an Overseas Higher Education Institution.
3. After having chosen your course, you need to ensure that your education provider is an accredited Tier 4 sponsor. Publicly funded schools and universities are among the educational sponsors. The UK Border Agency regularly updates its Register of Tier 4 Sponsors.
4. Once you have decided on the course you want to study and chosen your educational provider, you now need to determine and work out how much money you would need to cover the cost of your course fees (first year only or for the entire course if it is less than 1 year) and living costs while pursuing your UK study. For living costs, you must show £ 7200 if you will be studying in inner London or £ 5400 if you will be studying in outer London. However, if you were last granted a Tier 4 / Student visa and you wish to apply in the UK or overseas, you may only show £ 1600 (inner London) or £ 1200 (outer London) if you have completed a single course of at least 6 months during your last grant of leave or currently studying a single course, of which you have completed at least 6 months or you are currently studying and has completed a single course of at least 6 months during your current permission to stay. To qualify for this reduced living cost, you must also be currently following a course of study or your last grant of leave finished no more than four months before your Tier 4 application was made. To be granted a student visa, you need to …
The Vanderbilt University (commonly referred to as Vandy) Commodores had two football players taken in the 2010 NFL Draft. The two men that were selected are:
- Myron Lewis (cornerback) taken with in the third round by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the 67th overall pick
- Thomas Welch (offensive tackle) selected by the New England Patriots with the 208th overall pick in the seventh round.
Myron Lewis is a 6’2″ 203 pound lock down cornerback that made a name for himself as one of the best secondary players in the highly competitive Southeastern Conference (SEC) that Vanderbilt plays in. Born in 1987 in Pompano Beach, Florida the defensive specialist was one of the best athletes on a Commodores team that went a meager 2-10 during his final year with the program in 2009.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers felt that they were getting a good value in picking up the talented corner in the third round. Buccaneers head coach Raheem Morris hopes that taking Myron Lewis will prove to be a valuable asset for his defensive unit and anticipated the former Commodore to bring an increased level of speed, youth, and tenacity to his defense.
In the final round of the 2010 NFL Draft the New England Patriots chose Thomas Welch to add some more protection for future hall of fame quarterback Tom Brady. Welch brings a great deal of height to a strong Patriots offensive line that includes multiple pro bowlers. At 6’6″ and 310 pounds Thomas will be one of the tallest players on the roster.
Long before Thomas Welch was selected by the New England Patriots he used his large frame to excel at Brentwood High School in his birth city of Brentwood, Tennessee. Brentwood, Tennessee is a well to do suburb of Nashville, Tennessee so when it came time to move to college Welch only had to travel a few miles down the road to reach the Vanderbilt campus.
Playing at a lighter weight as a first year college student caused Thomas to originally join the Commodores as a tight end and red shirted at that position in 2005. During his first year of seeing the field in 2006 Welch was moved to the offensive line to compensate for injuries suffered by teammates that otherwise would have played the tackle position. During his junior season in 2008 Thomas started every game at right tackle and as a senior he moved to the more prestigious left tackle position and started at that spot for eleven games.…