Laboratories are essential to the set-up for basic and clinical research at military offices, industries and schools or colleges.
Basically, there are two types of labs, one is Basic Science and the other is Clinical research. Researchers use the Basic science lab to get the knowledge about any concept and principle of objects. On the other hand, we can diagnose the syndrome of any chronic disease in the Clinical Research lab. Working in different types of labs is not an easy task, you need to remember some prominent things to avoid any hazardous effects. For the sake of convenience, we have described here all the important points properly:
- Other types of Laboratories:
Some other types of working labs are mentioned below:
- Film laboratory or darkroom
- Clandestine (to test how illegal drugs are produced)
- Computer labs
- Crime lab for crime scene evidence
- Language laboratory
- Medical laboratory (involves handling of chemical compounds)
- Public health laboratory
- Some Basic Points:
- On the first day, introduce yourself to everyone in the lab.
- Take advice from your teachers or supervisors if you are not aware of any experiments.
- Make proper notes while doing experiments.
- Do not annoy other co-workers unnecessarily.
- Firstly, set up your desk or bench, then start to do your experiments.
- Lab Location:
Location of a lab is also the point which must be taken under consideration by the lab assistants. Limited space can distract your working so you must have enough space to place all the lab instruments properly.
You can implement the techniques by using the concepts of physics, chemistry and math so you must have proper knowledge about the basic concepts to do any experiment.
- Safety Rules:
Safety features are necessary to follow while doing an experiment in the laboratory. Some points are mentioned below:
- Do not eat, drink and smoke in the lab.
- Do not wear open-toed shoes or shorts in the lab.
- Write all the instructions step-by-step as suggested by the supervisor.
- Lab Meetings:
There is a need for proper space to do lab meetings or discussions.
- Lab Supervisor:
Supervisors must have the required educational qualification and vast experience. For all the experiments and operations, one needs to follow the instructions of Lab supervisors necessarily.
- Lab Equipment:
Place all the Educational lab equipment properly after using them. You must have working knowledge of all lab instruments.
- Basic survival Rules:
- If something breaks while doing an experiments, tell your mentor immediately.
- Clean up the instruments after completion of the experiment.
- Don’t command others, ask politely if you require anything.
- Use of the Internet:
Office internet is only for official use. Do not spend too much time on Facebook, WhatsApp or twitter. IT workers monitor all the online activities of the employees.
Consider all the points mentioned above and do your work in the lab carefully.